The Coat of Arms contains the shield of arms for the Province of Ontario. The shield was granted Royal Warrant by Queen Victoria in 1868. It also shows the Ontario crest and supporters, which were granted Royal Warrant by King Edward VII in 1909. The shield of arms consists of three golden maple leaves on a green background below the Cross of St. George. The cross of the shield is on a white background. The crest is a black bear standing on a gold and green wreath, with a moose and deer supporting both sides of the shield. Below the moose, the shield and the deer, there is a banner with the latin motto Ut incepit Fidelis sic permanet, which translates to Loyal she began, loyal she remains.